Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Aji

Yesterday, Rex and I went to Aji (on Pearl, east of the pedestrian mall) for happy hour. We are, quite obviously, happy hour junkies. We went for the mojitos and empanadas, which we know to be consistently good. The same bartender is always there for the 7-days-a-week happy hour from 3-6, and we really like him. He mixes up a great $4 mojito (two and I wasn't sure I could walk back to the car yesterday), and they come in flavors like strawberry and occasionally madras. The empanadas are $3.50 for two small ones, and they have shrimp, poblano, and beef varieties. All three are my favorite. Happy hour also offers discounted ceviche, the whitefish being the recommended selection (I've had it, it's tasty). Aji also offers a more comprehensive non-discounted menu if you're too hungry for just the empanadas. All-in-all, I love Aji and keep going back for more.

No comments: