Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Med

The Med is a local favorite for happy hour in Boulder, and with good reason. The tapas range in price from $1 to $5 or $6, and are double delicious. It's a mix of Spanish, Italian, and Greek food (hence the name). My favorite is the baba gannoush, served with warm flatbread. Yesterday, Rex and I tried the lamb meatballs (yummy) and the shrimp cocktail (with wasabi pesto!), much to our delight. We also had the fried polenta, which is relatively new to the menu and also very tasty. I've yet to have a bad experience at The Med, and I'm there nearly every week. The cheap, small tapas mean you can try nearly everything.

Drinks are discounted only a little for happy hour. House wine is $4, Sangria is $4 ($4.50 for white), beers are about $3.50, and I don't think cocktails are discounted at all. The service is always good.

Happy hour at The Med is 7 days a week from 3-6:30, and they have an awesome patio.

No comments: