Friday, August 1, 2008

Mountain Sun

The original location of this brewery, located on Pearl Street, was bustling at 9:30 last night when I went to meet a friend (who works 7 days a week from 8am to 9pm for what equals roughly $5 per hour). I've never been a big fan of Southern Sun, the South Boulder sister to this establishment, but it was convenient for all of us to go to Mountain Sun, so there we were. I was pleased with the experience, overall. My biggest complaint is that the place (both locations) is a huge draw for pretentious hippies, and I hate pretentious hippies. But, the beer is good and the food is good. The team service system never seems to work at the south location, which means we never really get service there. At the Pearl Street location, however, service was great. Since I'd eaten, I had just a cup of their vegetarian black bean chili, and it was pretty darn good. Rex had a grilled cheese with bacon, I believe (he was pretty tanked), and gobbled it down in a hurry. All in all, I'd give it a positive review.

Note: Mountain Sun and Southern Sun do not accept credit cards, so come armed with cash.

No comments: